Applied and experimental behaviour analysis in clinical practice
We research the following
Effects of early and intensive behavioural interventions (EIBI) for children with autism and other developmental delays
- A randomized controlled trial (RCT) on 40 children with mental retardation who receive either behavioural interventions or treatment as usual.
- Meta-analyses on published data.
- Follow-up in adult age..
- Levels of stress in families with children with autism and developmental delays
- Collaboration projects investigating the effects of early intervention clinics in Sweden, Poland, Germany and England.
Methods for early identification of children with autism
- Number and type of stimuli the child finds interesting.
- Theoretical work pertaining to early markers of the development of autism.
- Profiles on standardized tests (IQ, adaptive behaviour).
Specific interventions for
- Computerized training to establish joint attention in children with autism.
- Computerized reading comprehension programs (Tempolex) for children with reading disabilities.
- Increasing math skills using a standardized teaching package (MathsRecovery) for children with developmental disabilities and difficulties with mathematics.
- Establishment of complex language behaviour in children with autism (naming, conversation).
- Identifying function of stereotypic behaviour in individuals with autism.