Seminar om den politiske krisen i Brasil
Forskningsprosjektet Insurgent Citizenship in Brazil ved By- og regionforskningsinstituttet NIBR ved HiOA tar imot Dr. Georg Wink fra Københavns universitet.
Sted: Periferien Conference Room, NIBR, Holbergs gate 1 Dato og tid: mandag 23. oktober 2017 kl. 09.00 - 14.30
The research project Insurgent Citizenship in Brazil at NIBR, HiOA has the pleasure to host Dr. Georg Wink, who is Associate Professor of Brazilian Studies, University of Copenhagen.
The aim of the seminar is to get a common and deeper understanding of the never-ending political crisis in Brazil. We also want to discuss future network and research cooperation.
09.00-09:30: Coffee. Presentation of participants and ideas for networking in the future.
09:30-12:00: Brazil’s never-ending political crisis: A roundtable discussion.
Short talks for discussion:
- Georg Wink: “To see the wood despite the trees: the complexes of corruption and impeachment”.
- Carlos Henrique Santana: „The Geopolitics of the coup: US jurisdiction and the Lava Jato“.
- Einar Braathen: „Did the lulista development model cause the crisis?“
- Yuri Kasahara: „Towards next year’s general elections: Implications of the ‚Political Reform‘
On the participants
- Georg Wink is Associate Professor of Brazilian Studies, University of Copenhagen.
- Carlos Santana is a fellow at the Humboldt Foundation and postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Political Science, TU Darmstadt.
- Yuri Kasahara is Senior Researcher, Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research.
- Einar Braathen is Research Professor, Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research.
13:00-14.30 Georg Wink, lecture:
"Affirmative action policies in Brazil: paradigm change or a flash in the pan?"
Organized by: the research project Insurgent Citizenship in Brazil, funded by the Research Council of Norway.
Contact person: Einar Braathen Einar.email@example.com, phone (+47) 92 65 66 96