Teacher education, vocationalisation and the global approach to develop core skills for work
Annual symposium at the Faculty of Education and International Studies, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University.
Sted: Pilestredet 42, Q1015 Dato og tid: torsdag 8. november 2018 kl. 08.30 - 15.00
The symposium aims to address the need to search for new understandings of learning and new pedagogical practices in relation to vocational education and the global call for a renewed focus on skills. In addressing this aim, we are reminded of Reisman’s (1956) caution to not simply follow the head, but instead to recognize our mandate in which we are focused on professional education. How can for instance the popularity of “ WorldSkills” (the global hub for skills excellence and development) competitions inspire didactical practices in general?
Please be informed that the symposium will be live streamed.
08:30: Registration, serving of coffee/tea.
Moderator: Professor/ Vice-Dean of Research Halla B. Holmarsdottir, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University.
08:45: Welcome .
- Rector Curt Rice.
- Dean Sarah J. Paulson.
09:00: Opening speech.
- State Secretary Rebekka Borsch, Ministry of Education and Research.
- Jens Liebe, Senior Programme Expert, UNESCO-UNEVOC.
- Professor Lazaro Moreno Herrera, University of Stockholm.
- Associate Professor Hedvig Skonhoft Johannesen, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University.
- Deputy Head R&D Martin Bayer, University College Copenhagen.
- Professor Leif Christian Lahn, University of Oslo and OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University.
14:10: Skills for Work and Life
- Professor Simon McGrath, UNESCO Chair in International Education and Development, Director of Research and Knowledge Exchange School of Education.
14:50: Summing up
- Professor/ Vice-Dean of Research Halla B. Holmarsdottir, OsloMet.
- Serving of light refreshments.
Please register within 5 November 2018.