Norwegian Social Research
NOVA is a research institute at HiOA concentrating on studies in childhood, ageing, social policy and the welfare state. The institute is involved in many international research projects.
Research at NOVA
- Wessel, T. & Nordvik, V.: Mixed neighbourhoods and native out-mobility in the Oslo region: The importance of parenthood. Urban Studies.
- Hansen, T., Aartsen, M., Slagsvold., & Deindl, C.: Dynamics of volunteering and life satisfaction in midlife and old age: Findings from 12 European countries. Social Sciences, special issue.
- Bratt, C. & Gautun, H. (2018): Should I stay or should I go? Nurses’ wishes to leave nursing homes and home nursing. Journal of Nursing Management.
Research and development projects
- DARE - Dialogue on radicalisation and equality. A H2020 project
- SOLIDUS – Solidarity in European societies: empowerment, social justice and citizenship. A H2020 project
- DISCIT - Making persons with disabilities full citizens. A EU FP7 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- NEGOTIATE - Overcoming early job-insecurity in Europe. A Horizon2020 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- Welfare State's Future: Our Children's Europe. A NORFACE project
- TRANSFAM - Doing Family in Transnational Context. A Polish-Norwegian Research Project
- The longitudinal study The Norwegian Life Course, Ageing and Generation Study - NorLAG
Main contact information, directions and press contacts
News from NOVA
- >> Kl. 11:04 Five measures that can prevent violence against children Less severe violence against children and young people is declining, whereas severe forms of violence remain...
- >> Kl. 10:58 Norway Has a New University: OsloMet On the 12th of January, the King-in-Council formally granted Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied...
- >> Kl. 09:02 New book on the Children’s House model Kari Stefansen and Elisiv Bakketeig from NOVA are two of the editors of the book which...
- >> Kl. 14:43 Iver B. Neumann is now the new director at NOVA Iver B. Neumann, professor at London School of Economics and research professor at NUPI, becomes new...
- >> Kl. 11:27 More people with low incomes skip going to the dentist The financial crisis in Europe has led to fewer people with low incomes going to the...
- >> Kl. 13:57 Home-based services must be strengthened The care many adult children provide for their elderly parents interfere with their regular jobs. A...