Norwegian Social Research
NOVA is a research institute at HiOA concentrating on studies in childhood, ageing, social policy and the welfare state. The institute is involved in many international research projects.
Research at NOVA
- Caring too much? Lack of Public services to older People reduces attendance at work among their children. Gautun, H. & Bratt, C. European Journal of Ageing, 2016
- Putting a price on your neighbour. Nordvik, V. & Osland, L.A. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment 2016
- Emotional exhaustion in day-care workers. Løvgren, M. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, 2016
Research and development projects
- DISCIT - Making persons with disabilities full citizens. A EU FP7 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- NEGOTIATE - Overcoming early job-insecurity in Europe. A Horizon2020 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- TRANSFAM - Doing Family in Transnational Context. A Polish-Norwegian Research Project
- The longitudinal study The Norwegian Life Course, Ageing and Generation Study - NorLAG
- STYLE - Strategic Transitions for Youth Labour in Europe. A EU FP7 research project
- ALTERNATIVE - Restorative Justice in Intercultural Settings. A EU FP7 research project
- COPE - Combating Poverty in Europe. A EU FP7 research project
Main contact information, directions and press contacts
News from NOVA
- >> Kl. 13:57 Home-based services must be strengthened The care many adult children provide for their elderly parents interfere with their regular jobs. A...
- >> Kl. 13:37 Nurses satisfied with their jobs and lives Nurses are happier with life and work than other professions with the same level of education,...
- >> Kl. 10:25 Poor young people struggle most with mental health problems One in four young people from poor families struggle with mental health problems, according to figures...
- >> Kl. 13:11 NEGOTIATE lunch-time debate on the impact of the economic crisis on youth On European Youth Plan Action Day SOLIDAR Foundation in Brussels and NOVA, HiOA, hosted a lunch...
- >> Kl. 16:02 Fighting youth unemployment Forty researchers from across Europe have joined forces with HiOA to look for the most effective...
- >> Kl. 07:54 Norwegian eight-year-olds ‘dig’ their teacher Norwegian children are more satisfied with their teacher than their peers in other countries are.