Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering
The department offers bachelor’s degree programmes in engineering, in addition to research and development activities. The department has approximately 38 staff members and 650 students.
The Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering offers the following study programmes:
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Engineering - Biotechnology and applied chemistry
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Engineering – Electrical Engineering and Information Technology with emphasis on automation and medical technology
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree Programme in Applied Computer and Information Technology (taught in English)
- Complementary engineering and technology education
Research and development
Research within biotechnology and medical technology are priority areas at the department.
Research group Automation, Robotics, and Intelligent Systems (ARIS)
- >> Kl. 11:38 New master in Applied Computer and Information Technology The coming master’s degree programme offers an expert-level education in the design, development, use and maintenance...
- >> Kl. 12:27 Kirsten Aarset new vice-dean Kirsten Aarset becomes new vice dean for studies for Faculty of Technology, Art and Design (TKD).
- >> Kl. 05:14 Focus on simulation, modeling and optimization in engineering The International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society will cover broad aspects of simulation, modeling and optimization...
- >> Kl. 05:39 Education can change lives ‘Education can play a big part in changing someone’s life,’ Rector Curt Rice tells the students...
- >> Kl. 04:50 Astrid Oust Janbu new head of department Astrid Oust Janbu becomes new head of department for Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering...
- >> Kl. 08:25 Cheaper and safer environmental monitoring Underwater robots can monitor the environment in the ocean at a far lower cost and less...