Directions Kjeller Campus
The nearest bus stop to HiOA is Forskningsparken (Oslo Innovation Centre), and is located only a few minutes walk from the university college. Bus services that stop there are 431 from Oslo to Kjeller and 435 from Blindern to Kjeller. Bus 401 from Lillestrøm stops at Kjeller.
Visit Ruter.no for timetables and more details
Bus services to Kjeller
From Oslo city centre/East:
Bus 431: Rush-hour service between Oslo Bus Terminal and Kjeller, Monday to Friday. Route: Strømsveien/E6 via Helsfyr and Furuset.
Bus 100: Oslo Bus Terminal – Helsfyr – Alnabru – Lørenskog – Lillestrøm– Kjeller.
NB: Saturday and Sunday: hourly service only.
From Oslo North/East
Route 435: Rush-hour service between Blindernand Kjeller, Monday to Friday. Route: Ring 2, Østre Aker vei and E6.
Oslo, via Trondheimsveien:
Bus 380: NB: Not a direct route. Connects with Bus 402 at Olavsgaard.
This service is also relevant for travellers to and from Åsenhagen, Guldhaug-Tømte and Skjetten.
Bus 100: via Tæruddalen, Brånåsen,Vestvollen and Olavsgaard.
NB: Hourly service on Saturday and Sunday from Tærud School only.
Bus 481: via Bjørkelangen, Aurskog and Fetsund.
From Trøgstad (express service):
Bus 475/476: via Fetsund.
It is also possible to travel by bus from Eidsvoll, Gjerdrum, Nannestad, Ullensaker, Nes, Enebakk and Rælingen. Travellers must then take bus 401 from Olavsgaard or Lillestrøm. Trafikanten’s travel planner is recommended.
Both Kjeller and Lillestrøm Campuses are located in fare zone 2Ø.
The Gardermobanen and Romeriksporten lines have made rail travel between Oslo Central Station or Gardermoen and Lillestrøm possible in only 12-13 minutes. This makes Lillestrøm train station and the bus terminal close by the key public transport node on the east side of Oslo.
For current timetables, see NSB’s website.
The following train services stop at Lillestrøm train station:
Skien – Oslo Central Station – Gardermoen – Lillehammer
Drammen – Asker – Oslo S– Lillestrøm
The route follows the old rail line between Oslo Central Station and Lillestrøm. Stops at all stations.
Skøyen – Oslo S –Jessheim – Dal
Kongsberg – Drammen –Oslo Central Station – Gardermoen – Eidsvoll
Skøyen – Lillestrøm – Årnes – Kongsvinger
Oslo Airport Gardermoen– Oslo – Asker
(Airport Express Train):
NB: Towards Oslo:disembarking passengers only. Towards Gardermoen: embarking passengers only.
By bicycle and car
Bicycle parking facilities are available at both the Lillestrøm public transport terminal and at HiOA. There are designated cycle lanes in Lillestrøm town centre, and the flat terrain (3 km) to Kjeller provides easy access by bicycle.
Directions by car
- Whether you are driving in the direction of Oslo or Trondheim, follow the E6 to Hvamkrysset (approximately 10 minutes north of Oslo).
- Pass Olavsgaard Hotel and turn right at the roundabout after the bridge.
- Follow highway RV22 (Fetveien) and turn right at the first roundabout, at the sign for Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences. Follow Kunnskapsveien until you arrive at the university college.
- Follow Storgata out of the town centre and past the airport.
- Turn left at the traffic lights (into Fetveien) and follow the road to the first roundabout.
- Turn right at the first roundabout, at the sign for Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences. Follow Kunnskapsveien until you arrive at the university college.
- Follow highwayRV 22 (Fetveien). Drive straight ahead at all the roundabouts and at the traffic lights immediately after the sign for Kjeller.
- Drive straight ahead at the next roundabout.
- Turn right at the next roundabout, (see signpost for Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences). Follow Kunnskapsveien until you arrive at the university college.
- Follow highway RV 120 (Kirkeveien) until the roundabout at the junction with RV 22 (Fetveien).
- Follow highway RV 22 (Fetveien) until the next roundabout, (see signpost for Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences). Follow Kunnskapsveien until you arrive at the university college.
Parking at Kjeller Campus
HiOA has approximately 400 parking spaces for students, employees and guests, most of them at the car park with entrance from Kunnskapsveien/Riisveien. Parking is free in the designated parking area. Parking outside the designated parking area is prohibited.
HiOA does not have parking facilities for electric vehicles. Electric vehicles can be parked in the same spaces as for other vehicles.
Two charging bays (external electric outlets) are provided for electrical vehicles. These are located on the north side of the building, at the emergency exit for G Block. The electrical outlets are signposted.
HiOA encourages everyone to take environmental responsibility by using public transport to and from the university college.