New Strategy Adopted
15 June the Board of Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA) adopted the Strategy 2024. - I’m looking forward to a new and exciting academic year with our direction clearly defined in the new strategy, says Rector Curt Rice.
The proposal for the new strategy for Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences was the first issue in the Board Meeting 15 June. The decision to adopt Strategy 2024 was unanimous. The new strategy was adopted with some adjustments suggested by the Board Members.
The strategy will be published on the external and internal websites after some minor adjustments have been made.
A specific strategic document
- I am very pleased that the Board decided to adopt the final proposal for Strategy 2024. A lot of effort has been made to create a new strategy that is up to date, specific and thus, easy to implement, says Rector Curt Rice.
- It has been very important to me to present a new strategy that is easy to understand and recognisable for students and employees, a document that should be useful as a tool and support in our daily work. Furthermore, the strategy provides external actors who do not know us that well, with a clear understanding of our mission, core business and how we want to run it, he says.
One of the purposes with the strategy, is to present HiOA’s profile and what separates us from other institutions in the education sector.
- Strategy 2024 emphasises that HiOA shall be Norway’s leading institution in research-based knowledge for the welfare society. We shall become an urban and diverse university with a clear international profile, and simultaneously be closely connected with the needs of the society and working life. We shall perform our work in a professional organisation taking a leading role in using new technology and new solutions, says the Rector.
- I’m grateful for the effort the Work Group has put down in creating Strategy 2024, and not least, I’m grateful for the great contributions from students and employees who have been engaging in the project along the way.
- Now, I’m looking forward to a new and exciting academic year with our direction clearly defined in the new strategy, says Rice.