Applied and Experimental Behaviour Analysis in Clinical Practice
Our research group study the following
Effects of early and intensive behavioural interventions (EIBI) for children with autism and other developmental delays:
- A randomized controlled trial (RCT) on 40 children with mental retardation who receive either behavioural interventions or treatment as usual.
- Meta-analyses on published data.
- Follow-up in adult age.
- Levels of stress in families with children with autism and developmental delays.
- Collaboration projects investigating the effects of early intervention clinics in Sweden, Poland, Germany and England.
Methods for early identification of children with autism:
- Number and type of stimuli the child finds interesting.
- Theoretical work pertaining to early markers of the development of autism.
- Profiles on standardized tests (IQ, adaptive behaviours).
Specific interventions for
- computerized training to establish joint attention in children with autism
- computerized reading comprehension programs (Tempolex) for children with reading disabilities
- increasing math skills using a standardized teaching package (MathsRecovery) for children with developmental disabilities and difficulties with mathematics
- establishment of complex language behaviours in children with autism (naming, conversation)
- identifying function of stereotypic behaviours in individuals with autism