Do you want to learn Norwegian, and teach your own language to a local student while studying in Oslo?
Language Tandem exchange for the Spring semester 2013.
What is it?
Language Tandem is an arrangement where two people with different native tongues get together and teach each other their languages. You'll learn Norwegian from a local student and teach the local student the language that you know the best! You don't have to sit in a crowded classroom, but instead you can meet at a coffee shop, by the sea, at your place or maybe go for a walk in the wonderful nature surrounding Oslo!
...and you can ask all the questions you don't dare to ask in class about the weird things Norwegians do.
How to get started with this amazing knowledge exchange?
You register here - before 15 January 2013. When we have found a local student for you, he/she will contact you by phone or e-mail, and you can arrange your first meeting.
NOTE: Registration has closed for Spring 2013
Some things to remember
- Don't sign up unless you are sure you will be available/have time
- Start the tandem as soon as possible, and try to meet regularly (once a week)
- At the first meeting, try to find our what you and your tandem partner want to learn from each other
- Take turns in deciding what to focus on at the next meeting
- Remember that your tandem partner is no professional teacher. Be patient with each other