Development Studies 1 in Vietnam (in collaboration with Kulturstudier)
The course gives a broad interdisciplinary introduction to issues of development and globalisation as well as an introduction to Vietnamese and regional culture and society.
Development Studies provides a broad multidisciplinary introduction to the issues of development and globalisation as well as an introduction to Vietnamese and Southeast Asian culture and society.More about aims and contents.
The main topics of the programme are:
- Development and development theory
- Development in Vietnam and Southeast Asia
- Global resource distribution, the environment, and rural-urban dimensions of poverty
- Globalisation history and economy
- Governance and participation
- Gender, culture, and knowledge
- Social change, population, and migration
- Rural and urban livelihoods, and the diseases of poverty
- Local action and international co-operation for poverty reduction
The course includes ten weeks in Vietnam.
The course can be included in a bachelor's degree, and there are possibilities for further supplementary studies. The course can also be taken as continuing- and further education. The course corresponds to "Global forståelse 1".
The course is a joint venture between the Department of International Studies and Interpreting, HiOA and Kulturstudier (Culture Studies), an independent Oslo-based organisation that offers international academic courses in the fields of culture and human development.
Continous admission until 10 January
General university and college admissions certification / total qualifications.
FactsDevelopment Studies 1 Fall and/or spring 30 1 semester Hoi An, Vietnam English Programme fee: Please see the web pages of Kulturstudier, www.kulturstudier.com
Semester fee: 590 NOK
More about the programme
You can get more information about being a HiOA student at student.hioa.no.