Global environmental studies in Ghana (in collaboration with Kulturstudier)
The overall objective of the programme is to give students an interdisciplinary understanding of substantive issues of international environmental management in general and in the West African region in particular.
Aims and contents
The programme provides a basis for discussions, critical analysis and reflection on the causes and dynamics of environmental problems and management of natural resources. The course provides a balanced understanding of current theories and practices within global environmental management.More about aims and contents.
The programme provides the student with a balanced understanding of the theory and practice of environmental management practices. More specifically the students should acquire knowledge of:
- The complex nature of important contemporary environmental issues.
- Institutions, organizations and other stakeholders in international environmental management, an their role in managing and regulating human impact on the environment.
- Central ideas, perspectives and debates in environmental management and planning.
- Challenges facing modern society in terms of the need to plan for a healthy environment and to manage it accordingly for a sustainable development.
- Economic, legal and social factors that impinge on decisions and actions at the interface between human activity and the environment.
- The interrelationships between economic and social development and impacts on the environment at a variety of scales, and how to produce effective and feasible solutions to policy and planning dilemmas.
- Skills and techniques designed to develop appropriate and feasible solutions to a range of complex, international environment related problems.
The course includes ten weeks in Ghana. Read more about the course on the web pages of Kulturstudier.
1 August for the autumn semester, 1 January for the spring semester.
General university and college admissions certification/ total qualifications.
Important information - application
You will find the application form on kulturstudier.com.
FactsGlobal environmental studies in Ghana Fall and/or spring 30 ECTS 1 semester, full time Externally English Programme fee: Please see the web pages of Kulturstudier, www.kulturstudier.com
Semester fee: NOK 600.