English requirements for incoming exchange students
Please note: for admission to Master programmes, other requirements apply. Please visit the relevant master programme webpage for further information.
Exchange students who are not native speakers of English must show proof of proficiency in English in order to qualify for the exchange programme at HiOA. Students from Denmark and Sweden are exempt from the requirements.
The following tests are accepted:
• TOEFL: A minimum score of 500 paper-based, 170 computer-based or 60 internet-based.
• IELTS (academic): A minimum overall score of 5, with no subscore less than 5.
• University of Cambridge examinations: Passed first Certificate in English, Certificate in Advanced English or Certificate of Proficiency in English
• APIEL (The Advanced Placement International English Language examination): A minimum score of 3.
• Other qualifications might also be considered. Please have your home university contact the relevant faculty at HiOA.
These scores equals B1+, bordering on B2, as described in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Please note: Some courses may have other/additional requirements.