How to apply for exchange
It is possible to study at HiOA for one or two semesters as an exchange student.
Who can apply to take courses taught in English?
Admission to individual courses taught in English is restricted to students participating in an exchange programme between HiOA and one of our partner institutions (through Erasmus+, Nordplus and other agreements). If you are currently a student at one of our partner institutions and would like to apply as an exchange student, please contact your home institution for information about their application procedures.
Individual courses taught in English
Exchange students can apply to take individual courses taught in English after consulting with their home institution. You must apply to courses form the same institute to ensure that your schedules will not clash.
Overview of all courses taught in English
Semester exchange Autumn 2018
APPLICATIONS FOR AUTUMN 2018 ARE NOW CLOSED
Applications for Spring 2019 will open on 15 August.
- Spring semester: 1 October
- Autumn semester: 15 April
Before you start your application you should you should scan or take good quality pictures of your documents, these must be attached to your application within the deadline:
- Learning Agreement (PDF file - not Erasmus students)
- Learning Agreement from your home institution (Erasmus students only)
- Proof of Proficiency in English (not Erasmus students)
- Transcripts of Records in English
- Copy of Passport (All nationals) or National ID card (EU/EEA/Swiss students)
Your application will not be considered without the above documentation.
Certain departments require additional documents.
- Faculty of Health Sciences:
Faculty of Technology, Art and Design:
- Department of Art, Design and Drama: CV and Portfolio/Examples of work (5-10 A4 sized pictures/photographs)
- Department of Product Design: Motivation letter, CV and Portfolio
- European Project Semester (EPS): A motivation letter describing your academic interests and ambitions
Faculty of Education and International Studies
- Multicultural Identity in a Global World: Police clearance certificate stating that the student has no criminal records and can work with minors in a school setting (To be produced upon arrival)
Questions about your application?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org