Complementary engineering and technology education
Are you a refugee with a background in engineering or technology? This study programme will make you more attractive on the Norwegian labour market.
Aims and contents
The target group for this programme is people with refugee backgrounds who have completed an engineering or technology education in a country outside the EU/EEA area. The programme is intended to complement your education in order to enable you to make use of your skills and find relevant work. At present, the programme is primarily aimed at engineers with a background in civil engineering, mechanical engineering and electrical and Electronic engineering. The programme was developed on assignment for the Ministry of Education and Research.More about aims and contents.
During the programme, you will learn how to communicate in Norwegian and English as an engineer. You will learn about Norwegian working life and society at large, and you have to choose a course in mechanical, electronic or civil engineering. You will also carry out practical training in an enterprise or do laboratory exercises at OsloMet.
15 April 2018
- Completed engineering/technology education from a country outside the EU/EEA area that is equivalent to at least three years of higher education in Norway.
- Meet Norwegian language requirements (minimum level B1).
- Meet English language requirements as stipulated in the Regulations concerning Admission to Higher Education.
- Residence permit in Norway (residence card).
- Applicants from refugee backgrounds are given priority. Any remaining places will be offered to other qualified applicants.
FactsComplementary engineering and technology education August 2019 60 ECTS 2 semesters Pilestredet Campus, Oslo Norwegian, possibly some English
Semester fee (student.hioa.no).
The semester fee consists of a fee to the Student Welfare Organisation for Oslo and Akershus (SiO) and a copy fee.