Semester start checklist
What you need to do in connection with the start of the semester. For more information, please contact the international coordinator at your faculty.
As a new student you will receive an e-mail with student ID number, username and PIN code. If you have not received the e-mail with this information by the start of the semester, please contact the student reception at your faculty or the Student Service Centre.
As a new student at HiOA you will be assigned a student user account which will give you access to ICT services such as e-mail, the e-learning system Fronter, the HiOA network and the possibility to store documents on a server. You must activate the user account before you get access to the services.
- Go to the website Manage your IT account. Use your student ID number (6 digits) and PIN code (4 digits) to log in. You only have to do this once. The password will be assigned as soon as you have read and accepted HiOA’s ICT regulations. The next time you want to log in, you have to use your user ID and password. The username and password apply to all ICT services.
- Your username is the letter s + your student ID number (6 digits). You will receive your username on e-mail. You will also find your student ID number in StudentWeb.
- The password is assigned by HiOA. You will not be able to compose your own password.
Full time degree students (including Quota and Erasmus Mundus students) must pay a mandatory fee each semester. Students on an exchange programme are exempt from paying the fee.To pay the semester fee you need to find the payment details in StudentWeb. Log in with your Norwegian personal ID number (11 digits) and PIN code (4 digits). You will find the payment details under “Payment” in the menu, see Basic User Guide for StudentWeb. You must use the details to fill out a giro form at your local bank or post office or you can use it to pay the fee in an Internet bank. The copy fee, the material fee (if applicable) and a voluntary contribution to SAIH are included in the total amount of the invoice in StudentWeb.
Deadlines for paying the semester fee:
- 10 September in the autumn semester
- 25 January in the spring semester
Three to five days after you have paid the semester fee, you must log on to StudentWeb and register yourself. Follow the link in StudentWeb and complete all the steps of the registration. See Basic User Guide for Semester registration. For most students a confirmation of an individual education plan is part of the registration. Updating your contact information is also a part of the semester registration. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. You log in with your Norwegian personal ID number (11 digits) and PIN code (4 digits).
Approximately 7 days after you have registered yourself you will receive a semester card by post. The semester card validates your student card and provides you with the right to study at HiOA, gives you access to follow lectures, sit for examinations and lend books at the Learning Centre and Library.
Deadlines for registration:
- 15 September in the autumn semester
- 1 February in the spring semester
Information for new students on campus Pilestredet. (Students at Campus Kjeller or Sandvika will be contacted about the procedures there.)
Tips to save time:
- Please bring ID.
- Students at Campus Kjeller or Sandvika being contacted about the issuing procedures there, but you may have your card issued in Pilestredet 35, room Pi231, from Wednesday August 28 until Friday 30 August.
- Your old card (from previous studies at HiOA) is automatically reactivated, but it will not work everywhere. If you have your old card, please bring it along and we will issue a new card. If you can not find your old card, we must unfortunately ask you to order a replacement card via this link www.hioa.no/kortsenteret (Norwegian language only) and also notify email@example.com to avoid the fee of 100 kroner if you previously have had a card.
- All students are required to obtain and carry HiOA access cards while they stay on school grounds. (It is also necessary, along with semester card, to purchase travel tickets with student moderation.)
- Please note that your PIN-code is sent to you together with the general information that you have received.