Digital Library Learning (DILL)
"Join the future of digital libraries
...at the cutting edge of research and practice"
Aims and contents
DILL is a two-year international master for elite information professionals to provide them with the skills and competencies to navigate the rapidly evolving world of digital libraries. It is offered in cooperation between Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Norway), Tallinn University (Estonia), and the University of Parma (Italy). Students will spend at least one semester at each institution.
The Dill master’s course is also offered as a distance education with online tutorials.
- A degree in Library and Information Science (based on no less than three years of full-time study 180 ECTS) or equivalent qualifications, such as a degree in a closely related subject.
- Knowledge and skills of computers for information use.
- English skills. Students from non-English speaking countries must have passed:
- either IELTS (International English Language Testing System) (minimum score: 6.0 points)
- or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (minimum score: 550 on the paper based test, 213 on the computer based test, or 80 on the Internet based test).
- Exemptions from submitting the the English test scores may be given if you fill one of the following conditions:
- English is your mother tongue, or
- You have completed a degree with English as the means of education (must be documented by your university)
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Application and admission
Applicants from outside EU/EEA, Switzerland and the Nordic countries: 15th December 2013
Course factsDigital Library Learning (DILL)
Department of Archivistics, Library and Information Science
Duration: 4 semesters
Course start: September 2014
Fees: The tuition fee is €1,750 per year for EU-EEA students and € 2,500 per year for third country students. Please note that the participation fee may be subject to minor changes.