Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research
The institute is a social science research institution, and as per January 1, 2016 a part of HiOA.
Our core competence lies in place and governance studies, nationally and internationally, in selected policy areas.
- Synthesis study of civil society organisations Founding: Norad Period: 17.10.2017 - 28.02.2018
- Final Evaluation of Better Interdisciplinary Effort (BTI) Founding: Norwegian Directorate of Health Period: 01.10.2017 - 13.12.1901
- Urban research through 30 years (Storbyprogrammet) Founding: City of Oslo, on behalf of Storbyprogrammet Period: 28.08.2017 - 15.03.2018
- Area based initiative (områdeløft) Grorud Founding: District Grorud, Municipality of Oslo Period: 25.08.2017 - 01.03.2018
- Renewal and development of local democracy in municipalities with a decision on merger Founding: Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Modernization (KMD) Period: 21.08.2017 - 01.03.2019
- More refugees resettled faster How did the municipalities do it? NIBR Report 2018:3
- Governing risk society Institutional conditions for local adaptive capacity to climate change in Norway, Sweden and Germany NIBR Report 2017:10
- Strengthening Peasant Movements Evaluation of the Mozambique Development Programme, 2012-2015, of Norwegian People's Aid NIBR-rapport 2016:1
- Decentralization in Karnataka Historical overview and current challenges from a gender and caste perspective NIBR Working Paper 2016:104
- Women's participation in local politics in Nepal A review of the literature NIBR Working Paper 2016:103
Fields of study
- >> Kl. 10:58 Norway Has a New University: OsloMet On the 12th of January, the King-in-Council formally granted Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied...
- >> Kl. 14:45 NIBR congratulates CISR with its 25 year anniversary Centre for Independent Social Research in St. Petersburg celebrates 25 year anniversary with the conference “Po...
- >> Kl. 12:59 Small communities and the future of local schools Framtida for skoler i distrikts-Norge. Hva står på spill? Short summary of the open seminar and...