Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research
The institute is a social science research institution, and as per January 1, 2016 a part of HiOA.
Our core competence lies in place and governance studies, nationally and internationally, in selected policy areas.
- Governing the green shift in Oslo, Gothenburg, Copenhagen and Cape Town (GreenGov) Founding: Research Council of Norway Period: 01.10.2017 - 31.12.2021
- Atlas Alliance Founding: The Atlas Alliance Period: 06.04.2017 - 31.12.2019
- Tibet-Norway uni co-op Founding: Norad Period: 10.01.2017 - 01.03.2017
- Spatial dynamics and strategic planning in metropolitan areas (SPIMA) Founding: ESPON Period: 16.09.2016 - 30.11.2017
- How seniors can participate in their own communities for better quality of life and well-being Founding: The Norwegian Directorate of Health Period: 15.11.2016 - 30.06.2017
- Governing risk society Institutional conditions for local adaptive capacity to climate change in Norway, Sweden and Germany NIBR Report 2017:10
- Strengthening Peasant Movements Evaluation of the Mozambique Development Programme, 2012-2015, of Norwegian People's Aid NIBR-rapport 2016:1
- Decentralization in Karnataka Historical overview and current challenges from a gender and caste perspective NIBR Working Paper 2016:104
- Women's participation in local politics in Nepal A review of the literature NIBR Working Paper 2016:103
- Lecciones del proceso de restitución de tierra para el Acuerdo de Pas en Colombia NIBR Working Paper 2016:101
Fields of study
- >> Kl. 14:45 NIBR congratulates CISR with its 25 year anniversary Centre for Independent Social Research in St. Petersburg celebrates 25 year anniversary with the conference “Po...
- >> Kl. 12:59 Small communities and the future of local schools Framtida for skoler i distrikts-Norge. Hva står på spill? Short summary of the open seminar and...
- >> Kl. 11:30 Nepal learning from Norway's municipal model A state delegation from the parliament of Nepal and the Nepali Ministry of Federal Affairs and...
23.10>> Kl. 11:47 Seminar on the political crisis in Brazil The research project Insurgent Citizenship in Brazil at NIBR has the pleasure to host Dr. Georg...
25.10>> Kl. 11:53 Guest Lecture: Energy Policies in the BRIC countries Guest lecture by Carlos Henrique Santana, Humboldt Foundation Fellow and Post-doctoral researcher ved Technische Universität Darmstadt....