Norwegian Social Research
NOVA is a research institute at HiOA concentrating on studies in childhood, ageing, social policy and the welfare state. The institute is involved in many international research projects.
Research at NOVA
- The Changing Disability Policy System. Active Citizenship and Disability in Europe Volume 1 , Halvorsen, R. et al. (Eds.), Routledge, 2017
- Contested Childhoods: Growing up in Migrancy. Seeberg, M.L. & Gozdziak, E.M. (Eds.), Springer, 2017
- The East-West divide in late-life depression: Results from the Generations and Gender Survey. Hansen, T. & Slagsvold, B. Scandinavian Psychologist, 2017
Research and development projects
- DISCIT - Making persons with disabilities full citizens. A EU FP7 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- NEGOTIATE - Overcoming early job-insecurity in Europe. A Horizon2020 project co-ordinated by NOVA
- TRANSFAM - Doing Family in Transnational Context. A Polish-Norwegian Research Project
- The longitudinal study The Norwegian Life Course, Ageing and Generation Study - NorLAG
- STYLE - Strategic Transitions for Youth Labour in Europe. A EU FP7 research project
- ALTERNATIVE - Restorative Justice in Intercultural Settings. A EU FP7 research project
- COPE - Combating Poverty in Europe. A EU FP7 research project
Main contact information, directions and press contacts
News from NOVA
- >> Kl. 13:57 Home-based services must be strengthened The care many adult children provide for their elderly parents interfere with their regular jobs. A...
- >> Kl. 13:37 Nurses satisfied with their jobs and lives Nurses are happier with life and work than other professions with the same level of education,...
- >> Kl. 10:25 Poor young people struggle most with mental health problems One in four young people from poor families struggle with mental health problems, according to figures...
- >> Kl. 13:11 NEGOTIATE lunch-time debate on the impact of the economic crisis on youth On European Youth Plan Action Day SOLIDAR Foundation in Brussels and NOVA, HiOA, hosted a lunch...
- >> Kl. 16:49 Youth unemployment leaves life-long scars Being young and unemployed is not all about having less money in your pocket. Young unemployed...
- >> Kl. 16:02 Fighting youth unemployment Forty researchers from across Europe have joined forces with HiOA to look for the most effective...
14.06>> Kl. 14:03 Polish lives in Norway Polish nationals make up the largest community of immigrants in Norway. What do we know about...
22.06>> Kl. 15:35 ENHR Comparative Housing Working Group Oslo Meeting: Making the Connections 22-23 June CANCELLED: The 2017 European Network for Housing Research Working Group on Comparative Housing Policy will be...