Accessibility Statement www.hioa.no
OsloMet strives to provide an optimal website to all people, regardless of disabilities.
This statement does not include subdomains.
We care about accessibility!
OsloMet is committed to
- making sure our website follows accessibility best practices by following the principles of universal design
- maintaining and developing an accessible website
- ensuring that our website achieves at least level AA in WCAG 2.0 to comply with the Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act
- following the regulation on universal design of ICT
- ensuring that all new content will achieve at least level AA in WCAG 2.0
- including accessibility when choosing third-party systems and upgrades to existing systems
OsloMet is an official member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP Nordic).
The communication department at OsloMet takes universal design of ICT seriously. We have dedicated employees and tools to monitor our website's accessibility status daily. We correct WCAG-errors through weekly work sessions, and set up long-term plans to solve remaining issues.
WCAG 2.0 status, May 2018 :
- 90 percent approved at level A.
- 75 percent approved at level AA.
- 76 percent approved at level AAA (not a statutory level).
Our website is programmed to work with screen readers, in both Norwegian and English depending on where you are located on hioa.no. You can also increase text size in your browser.
We meet the requirements of color contrast, headings and links, and pictures are equipped with either an alt-tag or alternative text.
A clear and concise language is an essential part of hioa.no.
Areas of improvement
We are aware that parts of hioa.no are not accessible for all. Our new website, oslomet.no, is currently under construction and we will start transferring content in August 2018. Oslomet.no is required to be 100 percent approved at level AA of WCAG 2.0 as a minimum.
How to send feedback on accessibility
Is there something that is not working as it should, or do you find the language difficult to understand? Is there anything that inhibits functionality or keeps content out of reach?
We appreciate feedback on accessibility of this website!
Email us at email@example.com.
Unavailable content on hioa.no?
Contact us to receive content in a different format. Examples of this may be PDFs, Word-files or printings on paper.
If the screen reader is not working properly, contact us at +47 67 23 50 00 (OsloMet main contact point) and get content read out by telephone.
Accessibility tips and tricks
- Hold down Ctrl and press + (plus) to zoom in.
- Hold down Ctrl and press - (minus) to zoom out.
- Hold down Ctrl and press 0 (zero) to go back to start.
- More information about resizable text.
Accessibility tools and websites
- How to make the web a more accessible place (bbc.co.uk).
- The Norwegian Anti-Discrimination and Accessibility Act (uu.difi.no).
- Services for students with special needs (student.hioa.no).
- Health and working environment at OsloMet (tilsatt.hioa.no).
- Read The Words: A free text-to-speech web service (readthewords.com).
- WebbIE: A free application to make it easier for blind and visually impaired people to browse the web (webbie.org.uk).