HiOA is now known as OsloMet—Oslo Metropolitan University
It is official: we are no longer a university college, but a university. From today forward, our new name is OsloMet—Oslo Metropolitan University.
- We officially became a university on January 12, 2018. Our new name is OsloMet—Oslo Metropolitan University.
- Our Norwegian name is OsloMet – Storbyuniversitetet.
Information to Prospective Students
You will find OsloMet’s degree programs listed under Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA) on the website of Samordna Opptak (The Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
New Website This Fall
- You will continue to see the name HiOA on OsloMet's website for the time being.
- We will be launching OsloMet's new website in August.
What is the Difference Between OsloMet and the University of Oslo?
Oslo’s two universities have distinct educational profiles and research areas. OsloMet offers pre-professional study programmes. We are a university grounded in the needs and realities of the labor market.
OsloMet is engaged in knowledge production about the Norwegian welfare state, grounded in cutting-edge research. The new university is located with campuses in Oslo, Sandvika and Kjeller. As a student at OsloMet, you can make a difference to society.
Are you a Student, Faculty or Staff Member?
- Read what studying at the new university entails here (student.hioa.no).
- Read what working at the new university entails here (tilsatt.hioa.no).
We at OsloMet will be rolling out new e-mail adresses and other points of contact over the course of the spring semester. In the meantime, you can reach us by using our existing HiOA addresses.
Still have questions? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.