Innovation of Media Studies Program at Metropolitan University Prague: Norwegian Inspiration
The Department of Journalism and Media Studies is taking part in a project to upgrade the Media Studies at the Metropolitan University in Prague.
The project aims to upgrade the study program of Media Studies at the Metropolitan University in Prague (bachelor's and master's degree) on the basis of Norwegian inspiration and of the subsequent expansion of courses taught in English at the Metropolitan University in Prague. Emphasis will be placed on a knowledge increasing of the courses focused on cultural dimension of media communication, applied to media studies and to the development of general journalistic skills.
- Project title: Innovation of Media Studies Program at Metropolitan University Prague: Norwegian Inspiration
- Project partners: Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences and the Metropolitan University in Prague.
- Start of the project: 21. 12. 2015
- Finish of the project: 30. 9. 2016
- Grant provider: 90% Norwegian Financial Mechanism
- Project manager: Mgr. Luboš Janák
- Project members, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences: Kristin Skare Orgeret, Anne Hege Simonsen, Ragnhild Fjellro og Arne Krumsvik
- Registration number: NF-CZ07-ICP-4-4602015
An intermediate result of the program is creation of functional dialogue among the project's partners and other participants, and development of student mobility. A secondary objective will be the impact of the project results to the general public, thanks to the international workshop in Prague and organization of lectures for students and teachers of Czech universities (activity no. 3) and also thanks to the publication of project outputs (video recordings of teaching, other educational materials) on the website (activity no. 4). These materials can be used not only to other Czech and foreign universities, but also in the context of lifelong courses institutes and vocational trainings, educational activities of NGOs etc.
Project Activities (Metropolitan University Prague website)