Development and Migration
Development studies provide an interdisciplinary introduction to North/South relations and the situation in developing countries. This course on Development and Migration is part of the 4th semester of the Bachelor degree.
Development and Migration is organized around two principal themes:
- Historical processes of migration
- Migration and the migrants
Through this course the students will:
- Acquire knowledge about the main theoretical approaches to studying migration and development
- Acquire knowledge of the basic concepts and issues which pertain to the study of migration and development
- Reflect critically about migration as a social process which involves social networks and individual needs
- Understand the consequences of migration in both sending and receiving communities
1 September through Søknadsweb
Application deadline for international students on an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus):
Will not be offered in Autumn 2018
Qualifications: the course is open to students who have completed at least a one-year introductory course in Development Studies at either HiOA, the University of Agder or equivalent courses at other universities/university colleges in Norway or abroad.
FactsDevelopment and Migration Spring 2018 10 7 weeks Pilestredet English Semester fee: NOK 840,-
Students on an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus) are exempt from paying the semester fee.
More about the programme
You can get more information about being a HiOA student at student.hioa.no.
Academic coordinator: Berit Helene Vandsemb
Administrative coordinator: email@example.com
In combination with other studies/courses the course may qualify the candidate for information work and work within private and public organisations that relate to the global South.