Drama and Theatre Communication - Acting with Masks
This course focuses on the production of masks, acting with masks, theory and didactics. A large part of the training includes practical work with the production of and acting with the masks.
Aims and contents
The students shall develop their abilities and competence in drama by
- acquiring knowledge about the distinctive qualities of direction, instruction and acting related to acting with masks
- developing the ability to choose masks suitable to the context they shall be used in developing their skills in acting with different types of masks in differing circumstances
- acquiring insight and proficiency in the development of production concepts for plays and masks
- developing artistic and pedagogic skills in the instruction of children, teenagers and adults in mask plays
The course comprises four main subject
Acting with Masks, Production of Masks, Theory and Didactics.
This four subjects are drawn together in an experimental and developing project during the drama practice period.
- Spring semester: 1 October.
- Autumn semester: 15 April.
One year of study (60 ECTS credits) in Drama and Theatre Communication 1, plus one semester of study (30 ECTS credits) in Dramaturgy.
Other equivalent drama education at college or university level may also be accepted.
FactsDrama and Theatre Communication – Acting with Masks
Art, Design and Drama Spring 2016 30 1 semester Pilestredet, Oslo Norwegian and English Students on an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus+) are exempt from paying the semester fee.
More about the programme
You can get more information about being a HiOA student at student.hioa.no .
Administrative coordinator: Elisabeth Schjønsby