Drama and Theatre Communication - Storytelling
Storytelling focuses on the development of artistic and pedagogical professionalism in the art of storytelling. The students shall investigate the possibilities to use oral expression as communication tool in primary and secondary school education.
Aims and contents
The students are expected to develop practical skills as well as theoretical knowledge of the subject.More about aims and contents.
The student shall
- be able to prepare oral presentations based on a given material such as imagination, life story, oral tradition and / or recorded tale, to be performed in primary and lower secondary school and other public arenas
- identify needs which can be met by the use of oral storytelling
- use dramaturgy in the preparation of a storytelling programme aimed at primary and lower secondary schools and other institutions
- be able to instruct children and young people in storytelling and other oral performing
- be able to work independently and production-oriented
Practical training of storytelling techniques, Presentation and Theory.
- Spring semester: 1 October.
- Autumn semester: 15 April.
One year of study (60 ECTS credits) in Drama and Theatre Communication 1, plus one semester of study (30 ECTS credits) in Dramaturgy.
Other equivalent drama education at college or university level may also be accepted.
FactsDrama and Theatre Communication – Storytelling
Art, Design and Drama Autumn 30 1 semester Pilestredet, Oslo Norwegian and English Students on an exchange programme (e.g. Erasmus+) are exempt from paying the semester fee.
More about the programme
You can get more information about being a HiOA student at student.hioa.no .